Also, SBI PO is one of the most sought-after jobs in the government sector as it provides candidates with extremely lucrative salaries and other perks, which no other bank offers. State Bank of India offers you a large number of benefits with experience-based promotions including job security including reduced working hours, equal pay from the corporate sector, medical, housing, loans, childcare and more.
Now that you know how satisfying this job of SBI can be, so set your priorities and start preparing for the exam. But before you start preparing for the exam, you must know what the exam pattern is and how you should plan your preparation so that you can proceed with completing the syllabus before the time of the exam.
SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern 2020
|Sr.No.||Name of Tests||No. of Qs||Maximum marks||Duration|
|1||English language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Total||100||100||1 hour (60 minutes)|
SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern 2020
|Serial number||Section||No. of question||Max. Marks||Duration|
|2.||Data Analysis||35||45 minutes|
|3.||Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||45||60 minutes|
|4.||General Awareness||40||35 minutes|
The subject wise strategy for preparing for SBI PO Prelims Exam 2020 is given:
In the English language section, you have enough time to solve the questions efficiently, i.e., 20 minutes for 30 items. Earlier, students had the mindset to answer English language questions within 10-15 minutes and then to attempt questions of numerical aptitude or reasoning ability which was a relatively complicated and time-consuming process. But, now this strategy will not work because according to the SBI notification, out of the total 60 minutes, 20 minutes have to be given entirely to the English language section.
• Keep in mind that accuracy should be a priority when solving this particular section, as many of you will try to solve the maximum number of questions from this section, giving you the maximum average time for each subject (20 minutes 30 For questions).
• Those who think that they are weak in English may try Comprehension because they will have enough time to read and understand it. The good thing about Comprehension is that it does not test English grammar, and anyone can do it easily using their common sense.
• Comprehension should also be attempted in such a way that you try to solve questions based on vocab and phrases first and then items that require a deeper understanding of the paragraph.
Relevant topics for the close test are subject-verb agreement, preposition, and verbs. These topics can also help you with some other questions which will be based on grammar. So, make sure that you have accurate knowledge of these subjects when you are going to take the exam.
Numerical Aptitude Section
• It is essential to attempt to solve the quiz on the Adda247 app regularly every day.
In the exam, you should try to solve questions based on quadratic equation, simplification, and approximate values, and number series. This will enable you to solve the maximum number of issues within minimum time.After solving all these questions efficiently, the data interpretation questions should be answered. Each DI3 items are always doable, and the remaining two are a bit tricky and calculative. So, at least one should try to answer those 3 questions with accuracy.
• Remaining question marks will be based on various topics of mathematics like simple interest and compound interest, time and work, tap and tank, partnership etc. If there is maximum time, then you should try to solve these questions at the end.
Reasoning Ability Section
Try to solve the maximum number of questions in the Reasoning Ability section in minimum time by solving the difficult puzzle at the end.
• Start with issues that are not in the form of a problem, you can start with questions based on inequalities, direction and distance, syllogism, coding-decoding, alphanumeric series, and so on.
• Then try to start with a puzzle that appears natural to solve and should proceed with moderate and challenging problems in a similar way. You still have enough time to prepare yourself in the exam as per the new pattern of SBI PO Prelims Exam.